- River North
- Video, Contemporary, Photography, Sculpture, Installations
- 300 W. Superior
Chicago, IL 60654
- M-Sa 10-5
Committed to educating and informing the public about issues of social justice, our gallery aims to provide an engaging environment for discourse on critical contemporary matters that concern the Chicago community and beyond. Joining artists and organizations in support and solidarity of their cause, we consider ourselves a veritable soapbox for our partners as we all work together to inspire change and cultivate a culture of consciousness.
We see our gallery as a hub for initiatives committed to community and educational development by way of programming that is uniquely integral to each exhibition, including panel discussions, film screenings and more. The gallery is free and open to the public.
2017 Exhibition Partners:
- Red Line Service: January 27-March 25 (Topic: Homelessness)
- Gray Center for Arts & Inquiry: April 7-June 10 (Topic: Human Rights & The Arts)
- Mikva Challenge: June 23-September 2 (Topic: Youth Empowerment)
- Metropolitan Chicago Breast Cancer Task Force: September 15-January 13 (Topic: Inequalities in the Health Care System)
Participates in River North's First Fridays each month
Image: Installation view of Sapphire at Weinberg/Newton Gallery, Oct 7, 2016–Jan 14, 2017.