Chicago Gallery News was founded as a way to promote the vibrant arts community in Chicago. Since 1983 we have grown to cover multiple platforms and to continue to spread the word about culture in the Midwest.
An independent, women-run business from the start, today our small but powerful team publishes in print three times a year and manages an up-to-date and engaging local online presence.
CGN aims to make the arts engaging for all through comprehensive listings alongside relevant interviews and features. Our website, chicagogallerynews.com is also the regional leader in exclusively arts-related coverage.
We are proud to work closely with many loyal arts supporters and creatively-oriented advertising partners who benefit from exposure to a culture-oriented readership and a unique and valuable association with the arts. Our focus is a key reason we have been able to evolve and grow for more than 35 years.
Please browse our various advertising and listing offerings and contact us to determine how you can be a part of CGN.
– Ginny Van Alyea, CGN Publisher since 2007
Publications and Offerings
• CGN Arts Guide: Published annually at the beginning of the year
• Summer: Editorial magazine with seasonal exhibitions
• Fall: Editorial magazine with seasonal exhibitions. Distributed at EXPO and SOFA
• Online: Our responsive mobile site features expanded listings and content and ads.
• E-newsletters: Twice weekly communications about the latest art events and news