Charles Allis Art Museum


Designed by prominent Milwaukee architect Alexander Eschweiler for Charles Allis —the first president of Allis-Chalmers — and his wife Sarah in 1911, this Tudor-style mansion and art collection was built with the purpose of bequeathing it to the public to delight, educate and inspire. The permanent collection features 19th-century French and American paintings, Chinese and Japanese porcelains, Renaissance bronzes, Japanese netsuke, and original furnishings. Curated exhibitions are mounted several times each year along with a variety of other arts programming.