Chicago’s source for art gallery news, events, and listings
Summer Art is Here
Summer has officially started! So much is happening every weekend, from art events and openings to museum exhibitions, local art fairs and seasonal antiques markets. If you're headed to nearby vacation destinations in Wisconsin, Michigan or Indiana, look in at events in the Suburbs and Beyond section for happenings just outside the city and over the border. This coming weekend the North Side in particular is busy with new shows - see what's on where here. The openings continue again next Friday, June 5 for First Friday.
In case you're catching up on the latest news from our new May-August issue:
• EXPO Chicago returns to Navy Pier for its 4th year this September. Here is the newly released 2015 exhibitor list. • Explore our gallery districts where you'll find dozens of spaces in every part of the city and beyond (the Suburbs includes Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan).
• Art Service experts can help with framing artwork, appraisals, repairs and conservation, and much more.
• Browse listings for alternative spaces, studios, museums and educational resources under Institutions.
Art Openings This Week
Friday, May 29
Exhibition and Opening Reception — 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Opening Reception and Open Studio — 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Opening Reception — 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Exhibition and Opening Reception — through
Saturday, May 30
Exhibition and Opening Reception — 5:30pm - 8:30pm
Spring Open Studios at Cornelia Arts Building
Friday, May 29, 6-10pm. Original artwork from the studios of 40+ artists on two floors, guest artist exhibitions, and food from a local food truck in the parking lot! Free and open to the public.Read more →
New American Paintings: Midwest Edition
The Elmhurst Art Museum presents a juried exhibition: New American Paintings: Midwest Edition.Read more →
The Last Supper at the Block Museum
This installation by Julie Green presents 600 plates that depict the last meal requests of US death row inmates.Read more →
Our Current Issue
Find CGN’s print edition around town in galleries, museums & art centers
Pick up a copy of the new May-August issue, or read it online at Issuu.com.
• The latest Letter from the Publisher offers this issue's news highlights
• We spoke with artist Judy Ledgerwood
• Met some young Chicago collectors
• Explored behind-the-scenes at Leslie Hindman Auctioneers
• Learned about an amazing photography collection
• Read on for more news...