Chicago Gallery News was founded as a way to promote the vibrant arts community in Chicago. Since 1983 we have grown to cover multiple platforms and continue to spread the word about culture in the Midwest, from galleries and museums to art fairs and the design industry.
An independent, women-run business from the start, today CGN's small but powerful team publishes in print three times a year and manages a comprehensive, up-to-date online presence. We are an unparalleled resource for collectors and arts patrons who wish to keep up with the latest art news and events in the region, and we are proud to work closely with so many loyal arts supporters and creatively-oriented advertising partners who benefit from exposure to a sophisticated, culture-oriented readership and a unique and valuable association with visual art. Our focus is a key reason we have been able to endure, evolve and grow for more than 35 years.
Please browse our promotional offerings and contact us to determine how you can be a part of CGN.
– Ginny Van Alyea, CGN Publisher since 2007
Publications and Offerings
• CGN Arts Guide: Published annually at the beginning of the year
• Summer: Editorial magazine with seasonal exhibitions
• Fall: Editorial magazine with seasonal exhibitions. Distributed at EXPO and SOFA
• Online: Our responsive site features expanded listings, content and ads.
• Newsletters: Twice weekly communications about the latest art events and news
Tel 312 649 0064