Opening reception and live performance, May 8, 2 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
Chicago is the Mecca for House music. Conceived in bedrooms and basements from the minds of Black and Latino youth on Chicago’s south and west sides, the energy, the music, and the dance built the critical foundation that became Chicago House. The scene was inclusive, eclectic and historic. This local invention is now an international movement influencing everything from Detroit Techno to electronic dance music (EDM) to pop and rock remixes.
Be sure to join us at the opening reception of this exhibition on May 8. Explore the history of the artists, clubs and labels that built the style, and enjoy sets from some of House’s pioneers and practitioners:
- 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. – DJ Dreea
- 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m – Craig Loftis
- 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Lady D and Lori Branch
- 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m – Chip E
- 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m – Alan King
- 9:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m – Terry Hunter
- 11:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. – DJ Funky Black Man
Click below to register for your free time slot.