1524 N. Lake Shore Dr.
Chicago, IL 60610
Hektoen Nurses and Humanities and the International Museum of Surgical Science are delighted to announce the new exhibit: Remembrance & Renewed Hope, on view for the month of May in the Museum’s historic Library in honor of Nurses Month. The Museum’s library features a long antique green table and chairs. This exhibition will feature fourteen place settings for a Nurse’s dinner table display. Nine of the settings feature past nursing leaders (Remembrance) and five are current nursing leaders (Renewed Hope). The displays are created by a group of nurses who are also practicing artists. Discover each artist's interpretation of these important nurse figures.
Featured nurses will include:
- Florence Nightingale (D)
- Mary Seacole (D)
- Clara Barton (D)
- Ildaura Murillo-Rohde (D)
- The 1964 student nurses from South Chicago Community Hospital Nursing school (D)
- Luther Christman (D)
- Anne Zimmerman (D) Executive Director of the Illinois Nurses Association (INA)
- Sharon Cahill, BSN, RN (D)
- Krystal Hanrahan, MSN, RN (D)
- Janice Phillips, PhD, CENP, FAAN (A) Director of Nursing Research & Health Equity at Rush University Medical Center
- Mary McDermott, BSN, MSN, EdD, FAAN (A)
- Kristin Ramsey, MSN, MPPM, RN, NE-BC (A) Senior VP, Quality, NMHC, Wood-Prince Family Chief Nurse Executive, NMH/NMG
- Barb Holmes Gobel, MS, RN, ACDN, FAAN (A) Associate Director of Professional Practice and Development & Magnet Program Director
- Lauren Underwood, MSN, RN, MPH (A) Democratic Park Communication Chair, Democratic Representative IL in Congress 2023
- Sedane Henderson PCT
- Ma. Eliza Micha Alcantara RN
- Alyssa Hudik RN
- Janessa Janquian RN
- John Smisek RN
- Alyssa Saklak RN
- Maria Zaragoza LPN
- Marcela Gomez RN
- Johana Hernandez RN
- Sonja Will, Administrator
- Sophie Oracz, RN
- Cora Palmer, RN
Guest Speakers related to the arts and humanities as well as workshops and conversations among nurse artists will be scheduled.
Learn more: https://imss.org/remembrance-renewed-hope/
Light refreshments are included and alcohol will be served to guests with proof of age. Alcohol served to guests 21+, ID required.
Accessible accommodations include a ramp entrance and elevator. If you need additional accessibility options or wheelchair seating please contact us at email@example.com.
Image courtesy of Hektoen Nurses and the Humanities.