Tiffany of the Midwest: The Ecclesiastical Windows of Milwaukee

Friday, Sep 27, 2019 8 am – 6 pm

40 E. Erie
Nickerson Mansion
Chicago, IL 60611

Purchase tickets HERE

Note: Our tour bus will leave promptly at 8:00 a.m.

Experience the magnificent collection of Tiffany Studio ecclesiastical stained-glass windows that Milwaukee has to offer. We will visit Immanuel Presbyterian Church, Plymouth Church, and Milwaukee’s oldest church, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church. Built in 1884, St. Paul’s includes the largest Tiffany window ever completed at over 24 feet high.

These large, intricate, and beautifully saturated glass windows are truly magnificent examples of the true artistry and genius of Tiffany, and the wealth that developed the Midwest.

The tour will be led by Rolf Achilles, internationally recognized art and architecture historian.


Rolf Achilles is an art and architecture historian with a special interest in Chicago and its stained glass. Rolf was the founding curator of the Smith Museum of Stained Glass Windows at Navy Pier and the curator of the current installation of windows in the Macy’s Pedway. He is also an Honorary Freeman of the Worshipful Company of Glaziers and Painters of Glass, London, England and was awarded Freedom of the City of London in 2013 as well as the German-American Friendship Award, 2017. Rolf lectures internationally and is widely published on several platforms.


8:00 AM Leave from The Richard H. Driehaus Museum 40 E Erie St, Chicago, IL 60611

10:00 AM Visit to Plymouth Church UCC, 2717 E Hampshire St, Milwaukee, WI 53211

11:30 AM Lunch at Sala Modern Sicilian Dining 2613 E Hampshire St, Milwaukee, WI 53211

1:30 PM Visit to Immanuel Presbyterian Church 1100 N Aster St, Milwaukee, WI 53202

3:00 PM Visit to St Paul’s Episcopal Church 914 E Knapp St, Milwaukee, WI 53202

6:00 PM Return to The Richard H. Driehaus Museum

Ticket price includes transportation, lunch, gratuity, and all tour fees.


Image: Tiffany stained glass window after Gustave Dore’s Christ Leaving the Praetorium installed in 1884 in St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Milwaukee, Wisconsin