Print is a target-specific, remarkably effective advertising medium, especially for reaching an audience passionate about art, design, luxury and culture. Through our magazines advertisers are able to connect with a readership specifically attuned to the visual arts.
Hotels and residential concierges say they love sharing copies of CGN (and its helpful maps) with guests and residents, and CGN readers actually tell us they are grateful to have a printed, local guide to the arts. In general glossy magazines and publications hold a cachet that online doesn't truly match. The ubiquity of digital media has actually given print media a strange and special new power: it's the written letter compared to a hurried email.
View the 2019 Summer issue of CGN to see past ad layouts and content in our 8 x 10" format
Ad Rates – 2020 Summer + Fall Issues
Note: All full page ads include 1, 4-month, premium website sidebar ad
Full Page—Up Front Pages: $2,600
Full Page—Inside Front Cover: $2,900
Full Page—p 1, Opposite Inside Front Cover: $2,750
Full Page—Back Cover: $3,500
Full Page Inside front cover, 2-page spread: $4,500
1/2 Page – Up Front (Horizontal only): $1,800
1/2 Page – In News (Vertical - outside edge): $1,800
1/2 Page – In News (Horizontal): $1,450
1/4 Page – In News: $1,150
1/8 Page – In News: $500
Ad Sizes – Summer + Fall Issues
Ad Rates – '21 Annual Guide
Note: these are display ad rates. To see annual arts listing options and rates click here.
Up Front Pages:
Half Page Ad: $1,900
Full Page Ad: $3,000
2 Page Spread: $5,000
In Listing Pages:
Full Page Ad: $1,800
Inside Front Cover: $3,800
Page 1, Right Hand: $3,400
Inside Back Cover: $2,300
Back Cover: $5,500
Ad Sizes – '21 Annual Guide
Submission Guidelines for All Print File Preparation
- Accepted final file formats: print-ready PDFs, preferably created in InDesign
- Do not create ads in Photoshop; text will reproduce incorrectly
- All images must be CMYK with minimum 300 dpi resolution
- Please build ads in CMYK. Converted RGB files result in color changes
- If providing native files: provide printer and screen fonts + supporting graphics
- CGN rich black formula: 100% black, 60% cyan, 40% magenta, 30% yellow
- When designing a full page bleed ad, carefully note our trim guides
- Arrange file transfers with a CGN representative prior to sending materials
- Printer proofs are by request only ($45 per proof + shipping)
Below are some supportive statistics about the power of print media via FIPP, UPM Communication, and the Forbes Communications Council in 2018:
- 72 mil. U.S. adults made a purchase after seeing something in a magazine in 2016
- Print ads are most effective when they are a complement to digital campaigns in play and entice readers to interact with a brand online.
- 56% of consumers find print marketing to be the most trustworthy form of marketing.
- 4.3 is the average number of readers per magazine copy
- CGN's circulation has held at 20K copies/issue, since growing to that number in 2010.
- In 2018 CGN marked a year-over-year subscription increase of 20% building on prior year increases.
- 2018's "The Future of Media” report from FIPP and UPM Communication Papers examined the value of print in publishers’ media mix and stated that “Despite the emergence of digital channels, print continues to thrive. For many publishers, the question is not ‘print or digital?’ but finding an appropriate mix that allows publishers and advertisers to maximize audience engagement, cross-selling and revenue generation.